[TxMt] Re: sudden latex tidy and latex compiling errors

Anthony V. Pulido anthony.pulido at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:45:16 UTC 2015

Hello René and Allan,

Thank you very much for your messages. I am using MacTeX 2014, and just
before I performed the procedure you outlined, I updated using texlive
(which usually works for me!). Your procedure worked without returning the
pmatrix error, but now when I invoke tidy I receive this message:

Can't locate File/HomeDir.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
File::HomeDir module) (@INC contains:
/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.18
/Network/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.18
/Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2
/System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.18
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18 .) at /usr/texbin/latexindent line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/texbin/latexindent line 40.

Concerning the mtpro2 fonts, I tried it, and I found that for some reason,
it will not give that error when used independently, but not together with
the times font package. And so, in the preamble:

\pdfmapfile{=mtpro2.map}
\usepackage[mtphrb,subscriptcorrection]{mtpro2}  % [lite] works, too. (I've
bought the fonts.)

works but

\usepackage{times}

\pdfmapfile{=mtpro2.map}
\usepackage[mtphrb,subscriptcorrection]{mtpro2}

will not work.

Just in case, this also does not work:

\pdfmapfile{=mtpro2.map}
\usepackage[mtphrb,subscriptcorrection]{mtpro2}

\usepackage{times}

Finally, using just

\usepackage{times}

works.

I just tried something else and I am now wondering if this a problem with
one of my files. I don't think I changed it in a strange way yesterday, but
it's possible I did...

I commented one of the \include{}'s and it worked. When it is not
commented, I receive the following error in the console at the end (In
addition to "Command returned status code 1.").

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/Anthony/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texmate.py",
line 1061, in status = run_latex(command, filename, cache_filename,
verbose) File "/Users/Anthony/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/bin/texmate.py",
line 224, in run_latex fatal, errors, warnings = lp.parse_stream() File
"/Users/Anthony/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/parsing.py",
line 603, in parse_stream return super(LaTexParser, self).parse_stream()
File "/Users/Anthony/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/parsing.py",
line 187, in parse_stream line = self.get_rewrapped_line() File
"/Users/Anthony/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/parsing.py",
line 135, in get_rewrapped_line statement += line.rstrip('\n')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa4 in position 1:
invalid start byte

I don't think it is a problem with the latex syntax, since the file seems
to work in the modes described above. Any ideas?

Anthony