[TxMt] Re: sudden latex tidy and latex compiling errors

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Wed Feb 11 14:35:58 UTC 2015

Hi Allan,

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 20:01, René Schwaiger wrote:
>
>> I would like to remove the library code from the bundle sometimes in the future tough. Is there a nice way to install external dependencies via TextMate? […]
>
> There is not, and I also question the wisdom of doing that.
>
> If you install something on the user’s system, there is a good chance that a) they will never update it and b) they will not know how to uninstall it (should they later not want the thing that installed it). And installing things globally can cause conflicts.

I guess you are right. I will keep the current system for now.

> So I definitely recommend having the non-standard dependencies isolated in the bundle. Of course if there is a chance that the user is a CPAN user who is on top of updating their libraries, one could prefer to look for the library in the standard system path, before using the bundled version.

Unfortunately $PERL5LIB is prepended to the library path. A quick search did not show an easy way to append a directory to the Perl search path in a shell script. So I will leave it as it is for now, unless somebody provides a good reason why we should prefer the systems `YAML::Tiny` version over the one shipped with the bundle.

Kind regards,
  René