[TxMt] Re: Moving of folded text

Justin Catterall justin at masonsmusic.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 07:50:04 UTC 2015

> On 16 Aug 2015, at 15:04, Novitzky Peter <pnovitzky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering whether it would be possible to introduce to textmate the following functionality. The situation is the following:
>
> I have two larger groups of texts, under subheadings. They show the fold sign next to the line numbers. They are folded.
>
> |> AAAAAA
> |> BBBBBB
>
> I want to move the whole subsection BBBBBB above AAAAA. It seems to me logical to click and hold the mouse on the folded sign, and move upwards/downwards the whole folded chunk.
>
> |> BBBBBB
> |> AAAAAA
>
> Would be this functionality helpful for anybody? I think it would be great, and quicker than Cmd+C and Cmd+V. Is it possible to introduce this?

You can already move a folded block of text. Though not in the way you describe:
1. Put cursor at beginning of line showing the fold.
2. Shift+DownArrow.
3. Cmd+x.
4. Navigate to where you want to insert.
5. Cmd+v.

Dragging and dropping the fold marker is not very precise, and could cause problems if the destination if off the screen and has to be scrolled to find.

--
Justin C, by the sea.