[TxMt] Re: Cannot build TextMate: test_network and test_SoftwareUpdate fail

Boris Dušek me at dusek.me
Tue Sep 30 20:28:55 UTC 2014

> The server setup does abort() if it fails to create the listening socket, but it doesn’t report any errors if accept() fails, so I added a message for that and pushed. Though this is grasping at straws…
>
> Have you rebooted since you got this error? Again, grasping at straws, but I have never seen this code fail before and it’s about setting up a listening socket…

Running at latest master (639f1d282f381ea227098566cdea96c98fd3f653) and after reboot, a complete clean rebuild. I still get the errors as before, and I get no new error messages that you added in 7cb2330aaef49e3a83ed8147cf2a3e74e91a8e1d.

>>> You can delete the two test files (that fail).
>> This does not help as on subsequent ninja call, the files get reinstantiated and the same tests fail again.
>
> I think you misunderstand. You need to delete Frameworks/network/tests/t_download.cc — there is no way ninja would restore that.

You are right, I tried removing the test_network and test_network.run files before.
Removing the relevant .cc files enabled me to finally compile and launch TextMate :-)