[TxMt] Re: Yosemite and Latex

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Wed Oct 29 22:07:55 UTC 2014

Jenny Harrison-2 wrote
> I have also had problems with Yosemite and Latex.  Besides frequent
> crashes upon typesetting, I also found the following bug:  If I invoke
> Zoom, either with a key command or by clicking on the green button in the
> upper left corner of a window, Mission Control awakens and moves the
> window onto a different level.  The  menu bar disappears, too. I disabled
> Mission Control ages ago, and never use it.  I disabled it again via the
> terminal after installing Yosemite.  But this "ghost" connection remains.
> I can enlarge a window by manually dragging a corner without encountering
> this bug.
>
> Jenny

Hi Jenny,

the bug you mentioned is the new default behaviour for the “zoom” button in
Yosemite. Instead of maximizing the window, the button now takes the window
into full screen mode. You can hold the option key (⌥) while pressing the
button to temporarily revert to the old behaviour ( Source
<http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/5-head-scratching-features-in-os-x-yosemite>
).

Kind regards,
  René