[TxMt] Re: size of folding arrows and bookmarks in gutter

Sun Oct 19 19:15:45 UTC 2014

On 17 Oct 2014, at 18:32, Gildas Hamel wrote:

>> Thank you for the explanation. I'm using Meslo LG S DZ and Everson
>> Mono.
> Menlo is better in this regard.

I have now limited the column width/height to at most 1.5 times the cap
height of the font. This looks OK with Everson Mono (I didn’t test the
other font).

> Okay. The reason I would prefer to hide them from the gutter is that
> all of
> my work is structured text in TeX/LaTeX and the tools TM2 offers to
> navigate text are so flexible and varied now (esp. Command/Shift T)
> that I
> find myself never using folding or bookmarks anymore.

I’ll make a note about it — for the bookmarks, this column is slowly
starting to see use for other things, for example indicating what lines
have changes (since last commit) and warning/error badges for compiler
problems, which could also be useful for LaTeX (though the LaTeX typeset
command hasn’t been updated to take advantage of this new
functionality).