[TxMt] Re: size of folding arrows and bookmarks in gutter

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 17 16:32:36 UTC 2014

wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2014, at 5:43, Gildas Hamel wrote:
>
>  The size of bookmarks and arrows for folding blocks in the gutter seems
>> larger to me in TM2.0-beta1. I prefer a very small size and do not know how
>> to change that. Through gutterSettings in my theme (Mac Classic)? I would
>> welcome any help with this.
>>

> The size is not configurable.
>
> Currently the images get a square box based on the line height.
>
> Previously we used the font’s cap height and muliplied it by a per-image
> scale factor.
>
> The latter is no longer feasible because we allow arbitrary (user
> supplied) images to be shown in the gutter.
>
> Thank you for the explanation. I'm using Meslo LG S DZ and Everson Mono.
Menlo is better in this regard.

  |>  >Related: I don't see an option to toggle bookmarks and/or
  |>  >block-folding arrows in the menus. Is it possible via .tm_properties?
  |>
  |>  You mean hide them from the gutter? Neither columns can be hidden.

Okay. The reason I would prefer to hide them from the gutter is that all of
my work is structured text in TeX/LaTeX and the tools TM2 offers to
navigate text are so flexible and varied now (esp. Command/Shift T) that I
find myself never using folding or bookmarks anymore.