[TxMt] Re: 'Open Recent' menu regression

Thu Oct 2 20:57:32 UTC 2014

On 30 Sep 2014, at 17:10, Etienne Samson wrote:

>> Are you referring to this change as the regression: […]
>
> Hey, I have been wondering about that, though it doesn't really match
> OP's description (keeps track of every file you open)

It could be that he is using ‘mate’ a lot, maybe indirectly via
bundle commands that use ‘mate’ to open related files.

I introduced MATEOPT in latest nightly build and for bundle commands
that now defaults to --no-recent.

> […] it really keep tracks of every file you *create*. […]
>
> I wouldn't have expected this new file to be added under the Recent
> menu, since it's already "accessible" from a project I use day-to-day,
> and I don't think it falls under your changes made to mate.

No, that is not because of a recent change but has always been that way.

If this is really a problem, then a (hidden) setting is probably better
than trying to determine when a file is saved in a location that is
easily accessible.