[TxMt] Re: a small delightful feature has gone missing, I think

Elia Schito elia at schito.me
Tue Nov 25 21:27:13 UTC 2014

Btw I remember that feature too, in fact that's why I initially
reimplemented it in avian-missing.tmbundle
<https://github.com/elia/avian-missing.tmbundle/tree/1c6283ceba44a0ac380a565c45153f3703e75846#n-new-file>,
what happened was more or less the following:

After hitting the new file key equivalent a dialog was presented:

- it has the base-name selected (ready to be overwritten)
- it had the same extension as the current file set
- the folder of the current file was selected

I then removed it
<https://github.com/elia/avian-missing.tmbundle/commit/bdc9240388bd56f1978feaae99c424d95c92706b>
when
⇧⌘N was introduced creating the file directly in the filebrowser and
letting me change the name*. But it never was on par with its predecessor
and also has that nasty rewrite-as-you-type bug that people reports from
time to time.

* also it was relying on assistive devices and applescript and had a few
limitations

Elia

📢 twitter/elia <http://twitter.com/elia>
☕️ github/elia <http://github.com/elia>