[TxMt] Re: ES6

Ken Snyder ken+textmate at ken.net
Thu Nov 6 23:09:04 UTC 2014

I think building ES6 support directly into the existing bundle is great as
long as it can be done without conflict. As for timing, the time is now ...
for instance I am using EmberJS for frontend development where everything
is written in ES6 now and transpiled back to ES5 before being sent to the
browser. BTW, I was a bit surprised to hear that you feel that TextMate
developers don't use JavaScript much ... what is this based on? JS is one
of the most used languages these days (I saw some metric recently saying it
was the *most *used) and beyond scale it has momentum too with NodeJS and
it's unique role in the browser. Not saying that your supposition about JS
and TM is incorrect but I just find it surprising. Do you think JS
developers are primarily using Atom? Sublime? If so, why do you suppose
this is?

Ken