[TxMt] Re: Textmate 2: Disable auto closing of tabs

Tobias Jung newsgr at tobiasjung.net
Tue May 27 18:10:32 UTC 2014

Well, yes, it's off-topic here, but nonetheless...

Ed Wong wrote (Tue, 27 May 2014 11:23:06 -0400):

> it’s how I’ve always kept track of which files I’ve edited during
> development that I’ll need to move to production when the feature/bug is done.
> (...)
> Thanks for the tip George. I do use Git on occasion, mostly when the
> project is a team effort or when I use Xcode and when Git is available
> on the production servers.
>
> In other cases, particularly with legacy servers. Git or any other code
> repository is not an option unfortunately.
>
> Not using Git locally is mostly out of habits that I’ve developed over
> the past 35 years.

If you don't want to or can't use Git/Subversion etc (although I agree that this is the best solution), why don't you just use an FTP client that is capable of syncing when you move the files to production?

You can tell the FTP client (e.g. YummyFTP, Transmit or as far as I know even the free Cyberduck) only to move the files that are newer than their counterparts on the server, or that have a different file size.

That way, you don't even have to keep track manually.

Kind regards,
Tobias Jung