[TxMt] Re: zombie tabs

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun May 11 16:14:17 UTC 2014

> TextMate will now remember open tabs for “project folders”. This means that if you run mate «folder», open a few tabs and close the window, then if you later open the same folder, TextMate will restore the open tabs (and file browser state).

Yes but that is not what's happening. If that were happening, I'd be happy. I don't want to disable it, and I have not:

    The domain/default pair of (/Users/mattneuburg/Library/Preferences/com.macromates.TextMate.preview, disableFolderStateRestore) does not exist

What I'm seeing is this.

I open the project and tab A and tab B are open. I open tab C and close tab A and tab B. I save, sacrifice goats, quit, whatever.

I open the project and tab A and tab B are open again. Why? And what happened to C?

That is what I'm curious about.

I've now done

   rm 'Library/Application Support/TextMate/RecentProjects.db'

and this has fixed it. I guess what I'm suggesting, though, is that the transition to the new "remember open tabs" feature may itself have some issues.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do