[TxMt] Re: Combine Favorites & Files into one panel?

Tue Jun 24 09:10:39 UTC 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 23:35, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

> Wouldn't it be reasonable to combine these both panels into single
> panel with single ⇧⌘O shortcut?

I like to have different keys to get to the project versus file chooser.
With a combined panel it would be ⇧⌘O potentially followed by ⌘1-n
for the proper list, right? Could of course still have two keys similar
to ⌘F and ⇧⌘F (which open same window but with different source
selection).

I do like the idea from a discoverability point of view (I wonder how
many have actually noticed the “recent projects” panel).

With 5 lists it does get a little crowded:

  1. Recent documents
  2. Recent projects
  3. Open documents
  4. Documents with (SCM) changes
  5. Favorites

Not sure if we can drop favorites — to be honest, this is a somewhat
arcane feature and recent projects works better, main advantage of
favorites is that they are always there, but could allow pinning recent
projects/files, and also that the list can be initially populated (I
sync my projects between machines and use a “folder symlink” for
favorites, so it list all my projects).

Anyone have thoughts about this?