[TxMt] Re: rmate stopped working with alpha.9459

Tue Feb 4 07:49:01 UTC 2014

On 4 Feb 2014, at 2:50, tmanhollan wrote:

> I just discovered the same problem in alpha.9503. For me, IPv6 is
> configured
> in its default (automatic) state on both sides of the connection […]

And you were using 127.0.0.1 and had no IPv4 connection setup between
the two machines?

> […] I'd suggest at
> least changing the help document to refer to localhost instead of
> 127.0.0.1
> as that would avoid the problem for MOST people

Using ‘localhost’ was not working for a lot of people.

I don’t know why it was failing and it’s not failing for me, but
using the IPv4 IP made it work, and that is why we changed the
documentation. Since then, only you and Brian have reported issues (with
‘127.0.0.1’) and in both cases it sounds like the reason is lack of
IPv4 (in Brian’s case it was disabled via an SSH setting).