[TxMt] Re: Narrower windows

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Wed Apr 9 01:32:14 UTC 2014

On Apr 8, 2014, at 5:37 PM, Quinn Comendant <quinn at strangecode.com> wrote:

> I'd like to put my 2¢ towards allowing TM2 windows to shrink narrower than what now appears to be a ~ 538px minimum limit. It is sometimes nice to have a narrow window next to a much wider window. I don't remember TM1 having this min limit. It seems TM2's min width is determined by the status and menus a the bottom-left of the window.
>
> This became an issue for me because a) now using a "13 MBA

I have a 13-inch MacBook (Pro), and what I do is to show document tabs even for a single document, with command output to the right of text view. Every script I open thus becomes a tab in this one window, and I say New Tab when I want to make a completely new script. Thus there is just one window! It's true I can't see two scripts at once, but I don't need to; I can see a script and its results, and that's what matters. I could make this single window full-screen, but I don't usually bother.

I'm not saying this would work for your purposes, but personally, when I discovered I could work like this on the small screen, I was really happy. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do