[TxMt] Re: Issue tracker?

Sat Apr 5 08:33:22 UTC 2014

On 5 Apr 2014, at 1:41, Boris Dušek wrote:

> sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what is the best way to report
> bugs/feature requests in TextMate?

It depends on the bug/feature request and the user’s preference. The
options are listed at http://macromates.com/support (and also a primer
on writing bug reports).

> Will the github issues come back? Or is still the best way for some
> user who wants to report accessibility bugs to write to the textmate
> mailing list? Or to the textmate-dev mailing list?

If the user is OK with mailing lists, then this list is fine
(textmate-dev is sort of a legacy list that I am considering shutting
down), otherwise one can write support or try IRC (where I am often
available).

I’m not sure if GitHub Issues will be back, it felt like an unwanted
chore, and as people can still submit bug reports or suggest features,
the loss of the issue tracker is IMHO negligible — the main advantage
people tend to claim is that one can search through existing issues,
nonetheless I closed issues as duplicates daily, so in practice few used
that feature, and was just burdening me with administrative work that
was hard to outsource (and adding more noise to the issue tracker that
degraded the searching experience).

If you’re asking from the POV of a contributor, i.e. how can you be
made aware of accessibility issues, then we can relay issues reported.

We can also do a new mailing list for people who use the accessibility
features. This would also allow soliciting feedback about the current
accessability support and make more detailed announcements about the
changes being done to improve it.