[TxMt] Re: Projects in TM2: simple include/exclude directories

dipnlik dipnlik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:11:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Owen Densmore <owen at backspaces.net> wrote:

> Is "project folder" different from any other, other than the .tm_properties
> and the fact that it is a folder rather than a file?

  No.

> My home folder has many folders, many of which I'd like to have be in
> multi-folder projects.  So ~/bin and ~/notes are a pair, while a second pair
> are ~/bank (receipts) and ~/config (a collection of configuration files used
> elsewhere)

  Got it.  This is how I'd approach this scenario.  Let's say I create
~/new_project, that needs bin and config.  I'd add these five folders
(bin notes bank config new_project) as favorites in Mate so they're
all easily accessible via ⌘⇧O.  For the symlinks, there are two
options.  If you need just a few files from the other folders, it's
probably better to symlink each file rather than the whole folder.
That way you have Go To File and searching straight from the
new_project window in Mate.  If you really need all the files from the
other folders, then symlink the folders and use multiple windows in
Mate to edit/search/etc across all projects.

--
:: dip