[TxMt] Re: TextMate & TextMate 2 trigger "high performance" graphics

Joost Schuttelaar joost at greenskin.net
Thu Jul 25 14:29:44 UTC 2013

>> As far as I know I haven't seen any animations or anything that couldn't be easily handled by the internal graphics. It happens right away after launch, an empty edit window is enough.
>
> But you do have to actually open the window (you can set it to not open windows on startup in Preferences)? Once I get Mavericks I can test this myself, should be easier.

Hi Allan, finally found a speck of time to verify this. You're right. Without opening a window TextMate 2 does not use discrete graphics. After opening the first window TextMate 2 goes into 'High Performance GPU' mode.

By the way, you're far from alone. Right now I got XCode, Twitter and the Arduino IDE using 'significant energy'.

> Thanks, hopefully you’ll find the project search much improved in! :) Although it really should be made to use more than one thread for the search process, so that a single big file won’t block the incremental results.

I'm quite content thus far! :)

Cheers!

--

Joost Schuttelaar