[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Leo Brewin leo.brewin at monash.edu
Fri Jul 19 03:53:13 UTC 2013

This is getting very silly.

1. I don't know how you can conclude that Limechat is not open source when the license states

> LimeChat is copyrighted free software by Satoshi Nakagawa (psychs AT limechat DOT net). You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL version 2.

2. What does Yap mean? And if you have read it why are we having this discussion?
3. Having high standards allows people to insult each other? You must be joking.
4. You created UMPLE, LWJGL, EMMA? Really?
5. So if you are prepared to donate to use Textmate why is this discussion ongoing?

On 19/07/2013, at 1:24 PM, kafi <kkaaffii at gmail.com> wrote:

Leo Brewin wrote
> A few points for @kafi:
>
> 1. Limechat *is* open source. Check out https://github.com/psychs/limechat
> 2. Have you read  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.htm?
> 3. If you expect others to be polite to you then please show the same
> courtesy to them. Posting comments such as
>> It seems to me that the Open Source tag is a ploy to 'attract'
>> developers,
>> however, keeping the revenue to the owner himself.
> sets a low standard of discourse that you can not later claim is unfair to
> you.
> 4. What free open source software have you created?
> 5. Would you donate any money to use Textmate 2?

1. The iOS version of Limechat is not open source.
2. Yap.
3. People who have high standards are not going to be influenced by some
comments.
4. Umple, LWJGL, EMMA
5. Maybe.