[TxMt] Re: Do I have to pay for the final TM 2 license key?

Jason McC. Smith jason at ncpod.org
Thu Jul 18 21:48:43 UTC 2013

My bad.  I find the decision to clone Office instead of striking new ground
to be a disappointing one, and haven't had much luck with getting the tool
to work as advertised for even basic functionality, mostly surrounding
graphics, tables, and table of contents generation.  (The open data format
and import/exporters?  Awesome fantastic necessary work.  The UI?  Er.)
 You're right, it has had a tremendous amount of effort put into it, but I
consider it a bit like its inspiration: while I can have a great amount of
respect for the people and talent who have contributed to it, I can also
dislike the product and find it fundamentally lacking for my needs.  (I
don't like Office to begin with, so perhaps that's the problem.)

I do feel that many open source projects are attempting to be direct clones
of commercial products, when that immense talent could be put to better use
creating new innovations in the same product space, but that's neither here
nor there, really, just a personal observation of disappointment.

Then something like TM2 comes along that *is* new and innovative, and it
gives me hope.  :)  <--- this is me ending on a positive note.  Yay
personal growth.