[TxMt] Re: Automation

Mon Jul 15 21:37:48 UTC 2013

On 11 Jul 2013, at 11:25, Eduardo Francos wrote:

> Is anybody working on adding automation functionality to TM2 ?

Not something I am aware of.

> […] something along the lines of the command line "mate" utility
> could work, maybe just extending its commands beyond just "open"

Do you have some specific commands in mind that you would like to see
added?

There are of course infinite things that could be exposed, for me
personally, I think my number one request ATM is a way to pass compiler
errors/warnings to TextMate so that it could show them in the gutter and
provide a key binding for next/previous error/warning — of course this
could also be used for other stuff than errors and warnings, and I’m
sort of thinking it might tie in with “find in folder”, mainly
because I’m pretty happy with the UI and ease of navigating between
search results, so no need to re-invent that for basically another type
of positional results.