[TxMt] Re: Saving changes file permissions??

Tue Jul 9 09:00:14 UTC 2013

On 9 Jul 2013, at 2:31, Jeff Weinberger wrote:

> […] after I saved […] the execute permission was gone […]
>
> 1) Is this possible? Does Textmate do this?

No, TextMate will preserve the original file’s metadata.

It will do an automatic ‘chmod a+x’ for certain file types (with
shebang), via a bundle item, but that is the opposite of your issue.

That said, if you open the file in Transmit then Transmit will download
it to a temporary and open that temporary file in TextMate. When
TextMate saves, Transmit will upload the file, so the issue is more
likely with Transmit not preserving the server’s file meta data.

I assume you did “touch” and “chmod u+x” on the server (via ssh
or similar).