[TxMt] Re: Commands not working in recent TM2 builds

Jon Clayden jon.clayden at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:32:44 UTC 2013

Right, OK. That still doesn't seem to fully explain why the CPU load goes
up again when I open a file whose project path is correctly set, but I can
imagine that there's some kind of domino effect occurring here. Clearly,
getting "projectDirectory" right is more important than I had realised.
Thanks for explaining.

All the best,

On 15 February 2013 23:32, Allan Odgaard <mailinglist at textmate.org> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:53 AM, Jon Clayden <jon.clayden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Many thanks - that does fix the symptoms, but I remain puzzled about the
> original nature of the problem. For total clarity, if I put the old
> "projectDirectory" line back, then these are my steps to reproduce the
> problems:
> The CPU load is because TM will traverse the file system from current file
> and up till it finds your project directory (to check for things like
> ‘.git’, ‘Makefile’, etc.)
> When project directory is an empty string then TM will go into infinite
> loop since no ancestor of current file will ever match the empty string.
> No idea about why commands fail to run, but the assumption in the code is
> that projectDirectory is a well-formed path, so it could probably be
> several things failing.
> _______________________________________________
> textmate mailing list
> textmate at lists.macromates.com
> http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/attachments/20130218/7dc378b0/attachment.html>

More information about the textmate mailing list