[TxMt] Re: Commands not working in recent TM2 builds

Jon Clayden jon.clayden at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:53:43 UTC 2013

Allan,

Many thanks - that does fix the symptoms, but I remain puzzled about the
original nature of the problem. For total clarity, if I put the old
"projectDirectory" line back, then these are my steps to reproduce the
problems:

(0. Close all windows in open TextMate, then quit.)
1. Open TextMate. An empty window appears. Close it.
2. File -> Open Recent -> "docs" (a subdirectory of "Git"). A window with
an untitled tab appears, with " — untitled" as the window title. CPU usage
goes up to 100% (and stays there).
3. Select a .tex file from the project window. Window title is now "docs —
myfile.tex", as intended. CPU usage goes up to 200% (and stays there). So
the problem seems to spread beyond untitled files.
4. Press ⌘R. Nothing happens.

With the modified .tm_properties, everything is fine. Is the problem with
the .tm_properties file blocking the thread that would be used to run the
command?

I was aware of the empty part of the window title for untitled files, but
it never seemed to cause a problem before, and since I don't work with
untitled files for long I wasn't bothered about fixing it from an aesthetic
point of view. Either way, it seemed like a harmless thing (until now!).

All the best,
Jon