[TxMt] TextMate typesetting problems

T. Zha zmail at tzha.net
Sun Dec 29 15:05:34 UTC 2013

Hi:

I use MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9.1.   I have encountered a typesetting problem with the latest TextMate version 2.0.alpha.  I set Bundles → Latex → Preferences as follows:

Default Engine: latex
View in: Preview
Checked on “Show pdf automatically”
Checked on “Keep log window open”

The message I got is

error number 256 opening viewer

When I set “Default Engine: pdflatex”,  TextMate works, but it gives me the above error message when I set “Default Engine: latex.”

I have deleted the files you as suggested by the following link

https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults

but it still gives me the same error message.

Note that it can generate a valid .ps file, but fails to generate a .pdf file.   Any help would be much appreciated.