[TxMt] Re: TM2 is slower compared to TM1 in some areas

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Tue Dec 17 14:21:20 UTC 2013

On 12.12.2013, at 00:46, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> This is because TM2 is more flexible in how words are defined so it
> needs to lookup scope settings for each character when collecting the
> list of words.
Autocompletion (e. g. of labels or of references) has become so slow for me that I now insert labels and references by hand again. And autocompletion was one of the killer TextMate features for me. That's not a good sign, and I hope that optimizing the new autocompletion implementation will get priority.

Because if people tend to rely on the feature less, it doesn't matter that in principle, the reimplementation of autocompletion is more powerful than the TextMate 1 incarnation. I'd rather have a less powerful, but faster and more reliably feature than one that is aggravatingly slow.

Max