[TxMt] Re: TM2 is slower compared to TM1 in some areas

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Dec 12 07:59:59 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-12 02:45, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I don’t know what you want answered here, as you probably already know
> that a solution can be implemented in an infinite number of ways, so it
> would be quite an achievement if TextMate 2 alpha has already arrived at
> the fastest possible implementation.

I don't know. There could be answers like:

* I haven't done anything about the optimization so there's much left to
do in this area

* I have spent an enormous amount of time already optimizing and it
won't be easy getting it any faster

* Since TM2 does a lot more than TM1 did there's a high probability that
TM2 will never be as fast as TM1

Since you said that TM2 does more things than TM1 does it seems like, at
least in theory, it won't be as fast as TM1.

--
/Jacob Carlborg