[TxMt] Re: Change in behaviour of new-line with braces - CSS, PHP, JS, maybe all grammars?

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 17:35:18 UTC 2013

> On 11 Dec 2013, at 10:32, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
>
>> On 10 Dec 2013, at 9:12, Michael Sheets wrote:
>>
>>> This behavior is handled in the Source bundle, make sure you haven’t disabled it in Preferences.
>>>
>>> (Text, Source, TextMate, Bundle Support, Themes, and SCM should all be enabled for basic functionality.)
>>
>> hmh, same with Perl code. All of the bundles listed above are enabled and I still get (^ marks the cursor-position):
>>
>> 	hallo(
>> 	^)
>
> Since your other email indicates that you also do not have the normal indent disabled for block comments, it does sound like missing default bundles, see https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults
>
>> If I change to C it works as expected:
>>
>> hello(
>>   ^
>> )
>>
>> Any other idea? What is the responsible setting for enabling that in C code?
>
> The snippet itself on the return key is in the source bundle, but it is enabled by having the language grammar scope empty parenthesis. So the issue could also be that you have old grammars?

TextMate version 2.0-alpha.9497

I'm not the OP, though I think I was the one who brought up the POD indentation problem originally.

I'm getting the same problems as Ingo appears to have with indentation (as described above). I've deleted everything mentioned in https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults. I've gone to preferences->bundles and un-ticked Source and Perl to remove them, and then ticked them again (source takes a few seconds to re-install here), but the indentation problem persists with Perl. I tried C and CSS and they're both fine (as described above). I've quit and re-started TM2 but that's not helped - is TM2 supposed to dynamically load/reload bundles or do we need to restart TM2 for changes to be read?

Thank you for any help you can give.

--
Justin Catterall                               www.masonsmusic.co.uk
Director                                       T: +44 (0)1424 427562