[TxMt] Re: Change in behaviour of new-line with braces - CSS, PHP, JS, maybe all grammars?

Thu Dec 12 05:49:16 UTC 2013

On 11 Dec 2013, at 10:32, Ingo Lantschner wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2013, at 9:12, Michael Sheets wrote:
>
>> This behavior is handled in the Source bundle, make sure you
>> haven’t disabled it in Preferences.
>>
>> (Text, Source, TextMate, Bundle Support, Themes, and SCM should all
>> be enabled for basic functionality.)
>
> hmh, same with Perl code. All of the bundles listed above are enabled
> and I still get (^ marks the cursor-position):
>
> 	hallo(
> 	^)

Since your other email indicates that you also do not have the normal
indent disabled for block comments, it does sound like missing default
bundles, see
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults

> If I change to C it works as expected:
>
>  hello(
>    ^
>  )
>
> Any other idea? What is the responsible setting for enabling that in C
> code?

The snippet itself on the return key is in the source bundle, but it is
enabled by having the language grammar scope empty parenthesis. So the
issue could also be that you have old grammars?