[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1 vs 2

Jason McC. Smith jason at ncpod.org
Thu Sep 20 22:23:01 UTC 2012

> On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:21 PM, "Jason McC. Smith" <jason at ncpod.org> wrote:
>
>> […] The .tm_properties files are insanely powerful, and are an improvement in general, from a basic infrastructure point of view.  They just don't work for what is, really, a rather common work environment constraint: no local config files for a specific developer may pollute the central code repositories.
>
> Although a .tm_property file is meant to go to the root of the project, you can still do project specific settings in ~/.tm_properties.
>
> For example the default properties (inside TextMate.app) has the following:
>
>     [ "/usr/include/**" ]
>     tabSize  = 8
>
>     [ "/System/Library/Frameworks/**/Headers/**" ]
>     encoding = "MACROMAN"
>
> Also see http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2012-September/035480.html where I mention how you can set projectDirectory once and have it apply to multiple directories.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the second bit.  I'm not sure how the
first bit solves the quick-and-easy aspect of replacing projects
though.  Ideas?

Although.  Hmm.  Let me fiddle.

>> […] Point taken, and I apologize if anyone did take it personally
>
> Mostly it just means the feedback will be ignored (from those who can actually help improve the situation).

Fair enough.  Consider it a personal itch that is in serious need of
scratching coupled with annoyance at being told it's Morgellons
Syndrome.

Opening up the code on github was a stroke of benevolent genius.  Thanks.  :)