[TxMt] Re: TextMate 1 vs 2

Thu Sep 20 21:44:58 UTC 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:21 PM, "Jason McC. Smith" <jason at ncpod.org> wrote:

> […] The .tm_properties files are insanely powerful, and are an improvement in general, from a basic infrastructure point of view.  They just don't work for what is, really, a rather common work environment constraint: no local config files for a specific developer may pollute the central code repositories.

Although a .tm_property file is meant to go to the root of the project, you can still do project specific settings in ~/.tm_properties.

For example the default properties (inside TextMate.app) has the following:

    [ "/usr/include/**" ]
    tabSize  = 8

    [ "/System/Library/Frameworks/**/Headers/**" ]
    encoding = "MACROMAN"

Also see http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2012-September/035480.html where I mention how you can set projectDirectory once and have it apply to multiple directories.

> […] Point taken, and I apologize if anyone did take it personally

Mostly it just means the feedback will be ignored (from those who can actually help improve the situation).