[TxMt] Re: [TM2] File Browser colour and functionality

Mon Sep 3 10:25:14 UTC 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 10:19 AM, EyeMatz <eyematz at me.com> wrote:

> 1) Is it / Will it be possible for users to change the background colour of the file browser?

It is presently not possible. I can’t predict the future, so can’t answer the second part of your question.

> 2)  Why have some of the core functionality of the file browser (project drawer) changed so much between TM1.5 and TM2?

Because 1.x contained a source list and 2.0 contains a file browser.

>   a)  Why do we need to double-click on the file name to open the file, but can single-click on the tiny icon?

You need to double-click because single click selects the item. There are many situations where selecting a file is not done to open it.

Single-clicking the icon is a shortcut.

>   c)  Why have the "Create New File" functionality been removed from TM2?

It has not been added (as 2.0’s file browser is not based on 1.x code). You can use ⌥⌘N for new tab (followed by ⌘S to save it defaulting to the file browser’s path, or selected folder in file browser)

>   e)  Also, why does TM2 not remember the previously saved file name and format like TM1.5 does?

I am unsure what this refers to.

> I love the SCM integration in the file browser, but other than that the TM1.5 file browser was much better!

So adding a dozen features to the simple source list has made it worse? OK…