[TxMt] Re: Find in Project...

Mikael Hultgren blomma at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 07:36:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Phil Schumm <pschumm at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Sep 1, 2012, at 4:42 AM, Mikael Hultgren wrote:
> > So I’m running the latest nightly of Textmate 2 and seeing some weird
> behaviour from Find in Project…
> >
> > I have a project(or what I’m assuming is a project, it has a
> .™_properties in its root folder with projectDirectory      = '$CWD’ in it)
> and no matter what i do i can’t make Find in Project… find anything, i type
> a search query that i know exists in the project and it returns nothing.
> But if i load up for example the Textmate project Find in Project… seems to
> work just fine and i can’t for the life of the figure out what the problem
> is. Maybe I’m not understanding what Find in Project… does or maybe I’m
> confused as to what or how a project is made in Textmate 2. Any ideas are
> most welcome.
>

> Two quick possibilities (though there may be others):
>
> 1) Are you sure that the selection criteria
>
>        In: <place> matching <pattern>
>
>    in the Find in Project dialog box are not set in a way that excludes
> the files
>    you are looking for?  For example, try setting this to
>
>        In: [Project Folder] matching *

Yep, they are all correct and still no joy.

> 2) The setting
>
>        excludeInFolderSearch
>
>    and possibly other "exclude" settings may be excluding the files you are
>    looking for.  See
>
>        http://blog.macromates.com/2011/git-style-configuration/
>        http://wiki.macromates.com/Reference/Settings/
>
>    for more info; in particular, note that these may be set in several
> different
>    locations.

I’ve searched thru my entire home folder for every .tm_properties and there
is nothing there excluding this file pattern, I’ve tried to change the
filename ending to something else and no luck. By chance i had a
sp.sublime-workspace file in there and i can search that one. If i open a
file then find in project finds a match in that one.

As i said, i have other projects were find in project works fine, just not
this one and i can't for the life of me find a good solid reason for it,
here is the weird part, at the bottom of the find in project dialog it
actually says ‘No result for “blaah”. (searched 255 files in 0.6 seconds)
so it seems it is searching the files but not finding the string, a string
i know is in there. These are a sql files it is searching thru.