[TxMt] Re: Spelling and Printing

David Howden dhowden at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:15:01 UTC 2012

> Since I was recently writing some Markdown and docu using TM2, I had decided to bump this thread. I blamed Apple for their bogus implementation of built-in spell checking, I still do. However somehow I find TM1 with that borked built-in spell checker pretty well, thile TM2 not so well.
>
> Currently TM2 misbehaves (comparing to TM1):
> (1) document is not spell checked once loaded or when spell checking is being enabled (existing errors aren't marked)

I have spellChecking = 1 in my .tm_properties file, and this works
very well for LaTeX projects.  In particular, it shows errors that are
already there when I load files, and highlights any new errors that I
type.

Using the spelling settings in the menus doesn't seem to work very
well though - and this is probably one of those "we recommend you put
settings in .tm_properties files for the moment, as some things don't
stick if you use the menus".

If you need to use different languages for different directories,
there is a spellingLanguage setting too (language codes are here:
http://pastie.textmate.org/private/xmwqhbzi8o9hdbhgcplw)

David.