[TxMt] Re: Lion: launch warnings shown in Console.app

SQ sirquijote at lavabit.com
Sat Jun 9 16:29:01 UTC 2012

On 9 Jun 2012, at 16:33, Fritz Anderson <fritza at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On 9 Jun 2012, at 7:54 AM, SQ wrote:
>
>> Bump.
>>
>> If i haven't received an answer by next weekend assume i'm no longer on the list.
>
> Cowed by your fearsome threat,

Threat? You misunderstand. I just don't need the list's traffic cluttering my inbox. I only joined to get an answer to this question.
<snip>

> Apparently Allan hand-coded 1.x's Info.plist in the old format, and it seems Lion now requires CFBundleTypeRole. The Info.plist omits the key for almost every file type (about 90) for which TextMate is an editor.

So it's a time-consuming rather than complex issue to fix, is that right?  I'll happily do this myself if it's just a case of adding 90 keys.  if someone could point me to the data that has to be added, and a tutorial on how to add it, i'd even upload the result for others to incorporate.

Try to keep the sarcasm in check in future...