[TxMt] Re: tmPlugin / TextMate in Quicklook support?

Sat Jan 21 03:07:10 UTC 2012

On 20/01/2012, at 17.15, Brandon Fryslie wrote:

> […] It doesn't seem to be installing correctly out-of-the-box with Avian, is there something I can do to get it working?

That plug-in cannot be made to work with 2.0.

I have some proof-of-concept Quicklook code that uses 2.0’s parser/renderer to generate previews, unfortunately Quicklook wants either an image, HTML, or PDF from the Quicklook plug-in, and all 3 are somewhat unfeasible, i.e. image only work for small files, PDF is cumbersome to generate and requires pagination, and HTML cannot fully represent TM themes.

Probably when I add printing, there will be some re-use of code allowing easy PDF generation for the Quicklook plug-in, and I will pickup from where I left it.