[TxMt] Re: TM2 txmt://open?line= issue

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Jan 19 21:52:57 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 3:35 PM, enas wrote:

> By the way,
>
> How do you set which version of Textmate opens with a txmt link, when you have both installed. I now use mainly TM2, but still keep TM1 "just for those cases". However, all txmt:// links open TM1, which annoys me a bit. I'm surely missing something too obvious, but I didn't manage to make the setting.

Only way I know (I'd be happy to find a quicker way):

- Download and install http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/
- Bring up system Preferences, "Default Apps"
- Select the "Apps" tab (will take some time to load)
- Find the entry for TextMate 2.0
- check "URLs" and "txmt"
- click "Set as Default"

Unfortunately this isn't sticky. Simply launching TM1 may make that the default again.

Gerd