[TxMt] softWrap always on in Git commit messages

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Wed Jan 11 05:08:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've done my best to search the archives and follow tutorials (http://blog.macromates.com/2011/git-style-configuration/), but haven't been able to squash this bug.

In a git commit message, I can't turn soft wrap off. When I enable/disable the setting from the menu item, it enables/disables the soft wrap *indicator* but not soft wrapping itself.

In a Markdown document, enabling/disabling soft wrap works as expected.

I have also tried tons of different combinations in my ~/.tm_properties, to no avail (and sometimes TM2 stops even assigning the right filetype to .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG). This is my current configuration:

    TM_GIT = "/usr/local/bin/git"
    softTabs = true
    tabSize  = 2

    [ .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG ]