[TxMt] Re: Projects in TM2 Wikipage

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 13:32:14 UTC 2012

On 22.02.2012, at 02:45, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> Overall your writings include too much rhetoric (like ?useless? and ?revolutionized?) and
This is not rhetoric, and I do not use these words lightly.

I did give specific examples from another field. Perhaps you're not familiar with digital photography (it's a serious hobby of mine), but apps like Aperture and Lightroom have seriously improved the workflow of people who are serious about photography. Adding a layer of abstraction was key here.

Projects were the reason why TextMate 1 did revolutionize my TeX workflow (I used to use TeXShop before which back then could only handle one file at a time). Only later did I discover the usefulness and power of using several bundles in tandem. I am thankful to you for making this essential tool. I spend several hours each day writing and editing text, so these features are important.

> … ?comparisons added for effect? (like Windows Explorer and BBEdit).
I have not added these comparisons for effect.

> Pretty much the only ?problem? I acknowledge on that page (with 7-800 words) is that in TextMate 1 you can drag multiple folders to the TextMate icon and get one window with the files combined, where TextMate 2 will open multiple windows.
I have created these pages after you suggested to do so earlier this month. To me, they were meant to serve two purposes: first, give you feedback and second, to give users like me who need to adjust their workflow to the capabilities and limitations of TextMate 2. If you don't care for the suggestions, that's fine.

So I at least hope that other users contribute with helpful hints, tips and tricks.

Max