[TxMt] TM2 Find & Replace encoding bug

Etienne Samson samson.etienne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:26:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just noticed an encoding problem using copy-paste from the Find & Replace window.

Create a new file with the following contents (that's a bunch of characters typed in while holding ⌥ on a fr keyboard and copy-pasted a few times) :
ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
~¬È¬~ȬßÈÌÏ◊
ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
~¬È¬~ȬßÈÌÏ◊
ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
~¬È¬~ȬßÈÌÏ◊
ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
~¬È¬~ȬßÈÌÏ◊
ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi

Search for "ÏÌ", matches at line 1,3,4,5,7,8,9,11,12,13,15,16.

Select all results from the Find & Replace window, and paste into the document window. I ended up with :
(null):0
(null):1	ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
(null):3	ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
(null):4	ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
(null):5	ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
(null):7	ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
(null):8	ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
(null):9	ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
(null):11	ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
(null):12	ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi
(null):13	ºÌ◊ÈÌfi◊ÈÏÌ◊ÈÏßÏÈ
(null):15	ÌÏÈ◊ÏÌÏÈ~
(null):16	ÏÈ߬ÏÌ◊~∞ß◊Ì◊ÈÌfi©Ìfi◊Ìfi

which looks like “encodese” to me (that's MacRoman actually) ;-).

Cheers !
Etienne Samson
samson.etienne at gmail.com