[TxMt] Re: Arrggghhh: "Remove MultiMarkdown support in favor of it's own bundle"

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:56:28 UTC 2012

On 27 Aug 2012, at 8:59 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hence without any action on my part, a lot of stuff broke on my system.
>>
>> Given that the bundle was calling MultiMarkdown.pl (rather than, say ${TM_MULTIMARKDOWN:-multimarkdown}) I didn’t even think this stuff worked anymore.

It does, or at least did.

So one can wait weeks/months to get changes pulled, and now also get things wrecked without asking, negotiation on the hub discussion forum... Kind of breaks the idea of community, I would say.

Now trying to figure out how to back out all the conflicts in my bundle.... Which also sucks.

Just ask for people who use these languages/bundles daily and love them to take over the maintenance role...

tim