[TxMt] Re: Edit in TextMate not working in Mountain Lion?

Adam Sharp adsharp at me.com
Mon Aug 6 03:15:05 UTC 2012

On 04/08/2012, at 12:39 AM, Jon Ippolito <jippolito at maine.edu> wrote:

> I've been spoiled using all my TextMate macros and snippets in Mail in recent years. Unfortunately, after upgrading to Mountain Lion, Edit in TextMate is no longer working in TM 1.5.11 (1634) with Mail.app v6.0.
>
> IIRC for past Mac OS upgrades, I've fixed this by re-installing Edit in TextMate via the TextMate bundle, making sure /Library/InputManagers is owned by root, then setting Mail.app to launch in 32-bit mode to enable InputManagers. But now in Mountain Lion I don't see the option under Mail > Get Info to launch Mail in 32-bit mode anymore.

As far as I am aware, this is no longer possible as Mountain Lion has dropped support for the 32-bit kernel (http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/07/os-x-10-8/2/#purchase-and-installation). I assume this also means that 32-bit mode is gone now (though I don't know this for a fact). Maybe Allan can confirm?

Adam