[TxMt] Edit in TextMate not working in Mountain Lion?

Jon Ippolito jippolito at maine.edu
Fri Aug 3 14:39:23 UTC 2012

I've been spoiled using all my TextMate macros and snippets in Mail in recent years. Unfortunately, after upgrading to Mountain Lion, Edit in TextMate is no longer working in TM 1.5.11 (1634) with Mail.app v6.0.

IIRC for past Mac OS upgrades, I've fixed this by re-installing Edit in TextMate via the TextMate bundle, making sure /Library/InputManagers is owned by root, then setting Mail.app to launch in 32-bit mode to enable InputManagers. But now in Mountain Lion I don't see the option under Mail > Get Info to launch Mail in 32-bit mode anymore.

1) Does anyone have a workaround for TM1?

2) Does TM2 (which I've not installed yet) have an upgrade/replacement for Edit in TextMate?

Thanks--jon