[TxMt] excluding binary files in search/replace

Leo Brewin Leo.Brewin at monash.edu
Sat Apr 21 04:05:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am missing something about the new ways to include/exclude files via entries in the .tm_properties file. I would like a subset of all my files to appear in the file browser. I first exclude all files then selectively include just those files I want. My problem is that when I do a search/replace in project the search returns matches in pure binary files (i.e. executables) that are *not* listed in my set of selected files. I never want to search/replace in any binary file. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Many thanks,
Leo

Here is the section of my .tm_properties file

# exclude all files
exclude = "*"
excludeFiles = "*"
excludeFilesInBrowser = "*"
excludeDirectoriesInBrowser = ".*"
excludeInFolderSearch = ".*"

# select some files
mySourceCode  = "*.adb,*.ads,*.adc,*.sh,*.tex,*.sty"
myTextFiles   = "*.txt,*.tex,*.sty,*.bib,*.inp"
myBinaryFiles = "*.{jpg,jpeg,pdf,png}"
myOtherFiles  = "Makefile,README*,TO-DO*"

# make the selected files visible
includeFilesInBrowser = "{.tm_properties,$mySourceCode,$myTextFiles,$myBinaryFiles,$myOtherFiles}"

[ $myBinaryFiles ]
binary           = true