[TxMt] Re: TM2: matched characters

Fri Apr 20 06:02:11 UTC 2012

On 30/03/2012, at 22.12, Phil Christensen wrote:

> I'm having a problem with matching character pairs […]
>
>     $(‸#id_name) → $('‸'#id_name)    [edit]
>
> […] this happens in JavaScript and Python, but not in CSS or HTML. In fact, in those languages, there appears to be no matched pairing happening at all.

There are two settings affecting this:

 1) the character pairs: http://manual.macromates.com/en/preferences_items#paired_characters — for prose (e.g. HTML) the ' character has not been setup to be paired, since it’s more likely used for contractions.
 2) word characters: http://blog.macromates.com/2012/clever-completion/ — the pairing is disabled when typing in front of a word character. Since # is not setup as a word character, you get the pairing even when typing in front of that character. It probably doesn’t make sense to change that though.

> I never really used the matched pairs in TM1, so mostly I'd like to know if there's a way to turn this feature off altogether […]

There is no global preference (like in 1.x) but you could setup an empty array (see above link to the 1.x manual).