[TxMt] Re: Ruby version

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:50:17 UTC 2011

On 14/11/11 23:58, "Tim Rand" <timrandg at gmail.com> wrote:

> RVM/textmate interface can be tricky to set up. How about just feeding the
> path to the version you want to use directly to the TM_RUBY variable. So for
> instance, use the full path for the ruby you want textmate to use, rather than
> relying on the rvm-auto-ruby to tell it.
>
> TM_RUBY  /Users/timrand/.rvm/rubies/macruby-0.10/bin/ruby
>
> Be sure to uncheck any other TM_RUBY variables that you have listed. Only
> check the one that you want to use immediately. Then try the following in a
> textmate window:
> p RUBY_VERSION
>
> in textmate and look at the output to verify the correct version is being
> used. See the line in the purple region of the output screen it reads
> "macruby"

Hi, Tim.

Many thanks for that. I'd tried both shell variables (using rvm &
/path/to/ruby) but the script still returned the System version.

I'd just installed rcodetools & copied the vim plugin to run the script in
vim but just in time I saw your post. `p RUBY-VERSION` returns the correct
1.9.3 version & x86_64-darwin10.8.0 as you'd expect on Snow Leopard.

Once again, thanks for sticking with me.

Cheers,

    Phil...

--
Nothing to see here... move along, move along