[TxMt] Re: SQL.Bundle -> Bad Handshake Issue -> Mac OSX Lion

Thu Nov 10 17:40:17 UTC 2011

On 9 Nov 2011, at 15:38, Gregory Bluvshteyn wrote:

> […] after upgrading To Lion I can’t execute any queries and every time I try I get “Bad Handshake” error even though I can connect to mysql just can’t browse data.
>
> Any pointers on that would be greatly appreciated.

I tried SQL → Execute Selection on a fairly clean Lion system (after setting up a database server in SQL → Preferences…) and it executed fine.

> This are my settings:
> […]
> MySql
> It was installed via brew
>
> version:  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.15, for osx10.7 (i386) using readline 5.1

This is probably where the problem lies, I assume you were using another mysqld prior to upgrading to Lion?

I was testing against mysqld Ver 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 for debian-linux-gnu on i486 ((Ubuntu)).