[TxMt] Re: Broken support for Unicode characters above U+FFFF

Molyneux, Phil Molyneux at kingston.ac.uk
Sun May 8 21:57:18 UTC 2011

The first character of your example is unicode MATHEMATICAL ITALIC SMALL A (Unicode Hex U+1D44E, UTF-8 Hex 0xF09D918E, UTF-16 hex 0xD835DC4E, UTF-32 Hex 0x0001D44E) while what is displayed in TextMate is Unicode HANGUL SYLLABLE POELP (Unicode Hex U+D44E, UTF-8 Hex 0xED918E, UTF-16 hex 0xD44E, UTF-32 Hex 0x0000D44E) --- your other two mangled characters are Unicode U+1D44F and U+1D450 which are similarly coerced to U+D44F and U+D450

I only have one font that contains glyphs for your characters (DejaVu Serif Italic)

Looks like an encoding issue or TextMate truncating a higher order byte

The programs I use to identify the characters are UnicodeChecker (from http://earthlingsoft.net/UnicodeChecker/index.html.en) and Unicode Font Info (from http://pixel.recoil.org/code/unicodefontinfo/index.html) --- useful when something like this is happening.

Phil

On 8 May 2011, at 21:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems in TextMate with display of mathematical Unicode
> characters that lie outside of the base plane.
>
> I have put a simple example in attachment since mail agents are not
> 100% reliable, however an inline example is also here:
>    𝑎+𝑏=𝑐
>
> When I try to open the document I only see some Chinese characters
> instead of lowercase italic math letters, but what is worse: when I do
> minor modifications to document elsewhere and save it, those Chinese
> characters are actually saved to file, so that the document gets
> "destroyed".
>
> On the other hand copy-pasting from other programs into TextMate seems
> to work visually, but TextMate stores "junk" bytes into the file
> (useless in other programs).
>
> I'm using Version 1.5.10 (1623). Is there any chance that this gets
> fixed before TextMate 2?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>    Mojca

> Security System.<math.xml><ATT00001..txt>

Security System.