[TxMt] Broken support for Unicode characters above U+FFFF

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 8 20:25:53 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm having problems in TextMate with display of mathematical Unicode
characters that lie outside of the base plane.

I have put a simple example in attachment since mail agents are not
100% reliable, however an inline example is also here:
    𝑎+𝑏=𝑐

When I try to open the document I only see some Chinese characters
instead of lowercase italic math letters, but what is worse: when I do
minor modifications to document elsewhere and save it, those Chinese
characters are actually saved to file, so that the document gets
"destroyed".

On the other hand copy-pasting from other programs into TextMate seems
to work visually, but TextMate stores "junk" bytes into the file
(useless in other programs).

I'm using Version 1.5.10 (1623). Is there any chance that this gets
fixed before TextMate 2?

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca