[TxMt] Re: Lion Version and Auto Save?

Tue Jul 26 04:29:58 UTC 2011

On 26 Jul 2011, at 22:49, Tyson Edwards wrote:

> Is this something that would be viable for a 2.0 release?

While I am hesitant to speak about software without a release date, it (if released) will have session restore including unsaved documents incase of abnormal exit.

Using Lion API in general though is lower on the to-do list than actually getting the damn thing out the door (of course something like full-screen opt-in is low hanging fruit).

On Apple’s auto-save I’d add that it seems like a bad implementation for a text editor where the files you edit might be configuration files or scripts used by a running process, files backed by SCM systems or used in a build processes, where updating the datestamp has “consequences”, and files which may go through an import process that can’t always be 100% reversable, like compiled AppleScripts. But maybe their UI for indicating edits can be used w/o using their implementation.

I have no objections against Versions.